Maybe this is just a testament to precisely how vapid I truly am as an individual, or maybe this is a testament to the authentically impatient nature of any real New Yorker, but if you were to ask me about the single most important feature to denote summer’s arrival, I’d give you only one answer.
Sure, whipping out your denim cut-offs a month too early helps. So does smelling fresh cut flowers. I’d even argue that the mere acknowledgement that you’ve regained feeling in your finger tips and across your cheeks is likely a surefire sign that more generous climatic circumstances lay ahead but it is only really when I begin to see exposed toes infiltrate the streets of New York that I know our golden months are in very, very close proximity.
Which is, of course, why we thought there was no time like the present to share our favorite sandals of the season. Above you’ll find eleven pair from around the web clocking in at a price point that ranges from $60 to $695, collected and combined for you to bring you the best of the loot. We’ll naturally assume that you’ll be wearing them immediately, if only to prove to the rest of us that you are as impatient a New Yorker as any.
1. Short-heel (“Asos Hipster”) gold and pink sandals, Asos. $66.50
2. Black buckle ankle strap sandals, Gucci. $695
3. Silver and clear Cinderella sandals, Nasty Gal. $130
4. Leather, mesh and feather sandals, Reed Krakoff. $695
5. Gardinia lips print wedges (there’s an air of Schiaparelli about them), Carvela at Asos. $199
6. Two-tone leather flat sandals, Maiyet. $595
7. Gladiator sandals, equipped with black hula skirt, Ancient Greek Sandals x Mario Schwab. $390
8. Red suede and snake embossed gladiator sandals, Monika Chiang. $450
9. White T-strap patent leather heels (kill me for saying this, but they are very Gatsby), Rochas. $695
10. Who doesn’t need a light-washed denim cowboy-style bootie equipped with studs, right? Kurt Geiger, $290
11. And finally, white flat buckle sandals, Vivienne Westwood. $265