Man Repeller is an award-winning multi-media business and a global community of bright, interested and interesting people who know that fashion, humor and intelligence are not mutually exclusive. Our founding tenet is the belief that style is a meaningful form of self-expression. The most empowering thing you can share is your point of view: through clothes, through words, through whatever wacky and wonderful shape it might take. It’s by offering up our genuine selves that we can actually connect with others—and our growing team is taking that mission out into the world in big ways.
Check out the details below and send an intro email with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if one of these roles was made for you. Pro tip to to help propel you to the top of the pile: make sure your email subject = position title.
Director of Ad Operations & Product
As the Director of Ad Operations & Product you’ll be the in-house guru on all things product and ad related. In addition to driving the product roadmap, you’ll run point on planning, delivering, optimizing and reporting on ad campaigns, ensuring the success of booked programs and providing key learnings for future campaigns.
Given the variety of responsibilities this role would ideally entail, our vision for the optimal candidate is yours for the shaping. If you are interested and think you might be a fit, please don’t hesitate to apply. We’re keeping an open mind.
- Act as in-house platform expert and escalation point on product and technology issues and work closely with media and technology vendors to resolve discrepancies.
- Monitor the delivery of a media plan against both display and native placements. Prepare weekly client-facing reporting and recommend real time optimizations to ensure content success.
- Assist in the development of new internal products and manage relationships with third party ad and content vendors (such as DSPs, DMPs, social ad buying partners verification vendors, rich media companies, media publishers, research firms, etc.). Create ads within self-service ad tech platforms (including DFP).
- Define, own and maintain Man Repeller’s programmatic strategy to optimize effectiveness and meet Man Repeller’s needs.
- With an eye towards continued strategic growth, lead the development of the manrepeller.com site through close partnership with internal and external stakeholders, managing all moving pieces to actualize strategic vision.
- Develop and own a product roadmap, interfacing with business and editorial stakeholders to translate requirements into a cohesive execution plan aligned with company goals and own the prioritization of new features and integrations
- Establish metrics to measure effectiveness of feature launches and drive ongoing improvements. Partner with the Growth Team to continually evaluate engagement metrics and identify opportunities for increased user engagement and interaction.
- Document best practices and seek out opportunities to improve existing processes
- Expert in third-party ad servers and rich media technology (DoubleClick DFA, VAST/V-Paid, Mobile/Tablet, Rich Media implementation, etc.)
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a cross-functional team
- A scrappy, creative problem solver with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Adaptable, proactive, energetic, and willing to learn and deliver on a variety of tasks and responsibilities
- Personable with ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of audiences
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment focused on continuous product innovation
- Demonstrated ability to use data and metrics to support hypotheses and conclusions for developing business cases and priorities
- Familiarity and interest in e-commerce trends, vendors, and functional development a plus
- Must have strong attention to detail including proven ability to manage simultaneously competing priorities
Director of Integrated Marketing
As Director of Integrated Marketing you’ll define, evolve and hold Man Repeller’s first-class Integrated Marketing standards among the internal team, clients, 3rd-party production partners/resources, and the growing MR community through the ideation, creation and execution of standout collaborations.
- Be a key stakeholder within the company on behalf of Integrated Marketing by providing regular feedback/proposals/progress on short term needs and big picture opportunities that will both drive revenue goals and build Man Repeller’s reputation in the market. Spearhead the development of new ideas and products for editorial franchises and events, corresponding to the efforts of the editorial team.
- Build, maintain and train internal staff on the execution/production process for all Integrated Marketing campaigns across social, site, video, podcast, and event partnerships. Foster excitement for great collaborative work across internal teams and put tools and best practices in place to troubleshoot issues and effectively manage expectations.
- Develop and manage the Integrated Marketing team. Be an expert on detail-oriented media plans and proposals that will deliver. Recognize and grow top talent while overseeing all program execution and client/partner communication. Create and manage a healthy roster of trusted freelance/production partners to quickly expand resources, deliver on aggressive timelines, and grow capabilities.
- Proactively establish and cultivate strong consultative relationships with top brand clients and advertising agencies, as well as generate and increase revenue through sales of targeted media solutions, branded content offerings and custom integrations.
- In partnership with a Director of Brand Partnerships: develop agency and client-facing brand story, positioning, and corresponding presentation materials. Lead proposals for large-scale RFPs, developing unique programs tailored to the clients business goals.
- Problem Solver. Motivated to think proactively and solving for potential problems, formulate and propose solutions as issues are faced, and ensuring resolution of challenges is reached effectively.
- Self Starter: Desire and drive to take meaningful responsibility and initiative for shaping and executing upon strategy and operations. Able to quickly jump into new systems/tools and master them.
- Tactical Management. Ability to effectively prioritize projects, time, and resources to drive results efficiently. Solid understanding of DFP, media planning, and the development of core internal systems.
- Leadership. Can build, train and empower an effective team, providing support where needed.