All the Awesome Things I Can Stuff in a Mini Handbag
Do you remember your very first purse? Mine, like most grown-up things made for children, was miniature. Inside, I gleefully hid small treasures — rainbow FIMO beads, Littlest Pet Shop puppies, Smarties packs — and whatever spare nickels I could drudge up from the couch.
It’s these Proustian memories I tap into while standing in the bag department of Saks, cradling a micro Dolce & Gabbana crossbody and cooing likes it’s a chubby baby in a pumpkin patch costume. I love it. I want it. I’m pretty sure I need it.
“But what,” my confused husband interjects, “can you fit in it?”
I might not own (much) Hasbro anymore, but I’ve still got some ideas. Starting with:
1. An adorably-sized down wallet because, yes please, I’d like an excuse to buy that.
2. Spare socks for rainy days. Printed ones for a mid-afternoon pick-me-up.
3. Spare underwear. Same deal.
4. Mini headphones. (Who am I kidding? Awesomely giant ones that fill up the whole bag.)
5. Another, even tinier, satchel for nesting — like matryoshka dolls.
6. An actual matryoshka doll. Packed with snacks.
7. Fancy travel sized face wipes to use post-snacks.
9. Let’s just iron out this whole snacks situation before we move on: I’m envisioning goji berries and almonds. But I would also sacrifice all health conscious eating/spare room to carry one extra large, extra amazing baked good. These cookies qualify.
11. While we’re on the subject of beauty, let’s not forget alllll of the lipstick options. Because it really, really sucks when you bring pink but then decide to go red.
12. Legos — a much better distraction than email.
And if there’s no space left for my cell phone and keys? That’s what really big pockets are for.
Your turn — take a look below and tell me: What would you fill these with?