On
from
pinterest
April Makes Me Want to Shop. Should I Buy This?

Leandra and Amelia are back doing what they do best: talking about the insides of their shopping carts

04.24.17

On Sun, Apr 16, 2017 at 6:43 PM, Amelia Diamond wrote:

Is there any reason I shouldn’t buy this orange-y red ribbed dress for summer to wear with wraparound flat leather sandals so that every time it’s too hot to think about clothes, I can just go, OH YEAH THAT DRESS?

Plus, it’s under $200.

Also, I know I’m so not a cool-sneaker person, but I really want these Alexander Wang x Adidas shoes.

Are you planning your spring persona or your summer one, by the way? What are you shopping for right now?

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 8:13 AM, Leandra Medine wrote:

Oh man! I like those Alex Wang sneakers, but that dress could go really wrong really fast, which I’m guessing is probably what you like about it (all the wrong parts). If I were you, I’d just wear tea dresses all summer. Because I am you, I think I will do that.

This one is at the top of my list.

I’d like to wear it with an army jacket (I tried to make Abie buy it last Sunday and he said, “Leandra. I can’t wear an army jacket. I wasn’t in the army. Do you think it’s going to be considered offensive when I wear an army jacket all spring?)

And these.

Meanwhile, because I think I’m becoming tacky, I’d also love this top to similarly wear with that army jacket.

And this skirt.

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 8:14 AM, Amelia Diamond wrote:

I’m so glad to hear you think you’re becoming tacky. It’s so fun.

Those Michael Kors shoes are perfect sandals and you love camo so much right now!

687474703a2f2f32352e6d656469612e74756d626c722e636f6d2f74756d626c725f6d38693637313550564631716433676a346f315f3530302e676966

I want to wear skirts all spring. I really want this white silk one.

It would look cool with that camo jacket, actually, or a safari jacket, which is somehow hard to find right now? I like this suede Ralph one, on sale, but it’s still $.

…IDK, I’ll keep looking.

I want this short Dodo Bar Or one, too.

In other news, I’m going to get this Topshop dress to have on hand for one of my summer weddings.

Might need to borrow your emerald cage purse to go with it, please.

Speaking of borrowing your stuff, want to get friendship rings?

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Leandra Medine wrote:

Oooooh, you should get these shoes to wear with your silk skirt and suede jacket combo.

I weirdly want these.

I’d wear them solo with a bathing suit. Maybe this one.

Or this one.

I might add this shirt.

And these sunglasses.

Anddd andddd andddddd, I like the gold version of these, too.

This bag to go with all the other animal accessories I have my eye on.

Am I turning into a desperate housewife?

You should be this person next summer.

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 6:05 PM, Amelia Diamond wrote:

I love everything you just sent me and that literally never happens because normally you send me the outfittings of Zelda the elf on an acid trip.

I want to be that person! What shoes does that person wear though, classic K.Jacques? Or espadrilles?

That person definitely gets this navy Rouje dress, which I am on the waiting list for (along with every other human on the planet). Can’t wait to see your shoot w. JEANNE DAMAS.

I need this Susan Miller earring.

I also need this Lipstick Queen lipstick in coral after watching The Cut’s Ashley Weatherford demonstrate it.

Maybe the thing is that everything this spring needs to be pretty.

Like I might buy this maxi dress (STAY WITH ME) just to wear around my apartment.

…Maxi dresses are coming back at some point, I bet. Only a matter of time. Cc @Pandora 2000s denim.

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 10:33 AM, Leandra Medine wrote:

Yes, pretty spring is a cometh. I just bought some Rouje stuff! A top and a pair of jeans. I am v excited to retrieve. Actually, the shoot with Jeanne Damas totally made me feel like…I know what kinds of clothes make me feel good/cool/like myself, so do I even bother trying to wear anything else?

I have these in beige, should I also get them in gold?

Meanwhile, this top.

But I know you love polka dots.

I feel like if we’re serious about the 2000s coming back (and I know we’ve been predicting it for a while now), I’m gonna need to experiment with this skirt.

Also, what’re your thoughts on these?

And these

These

And these!

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 1:50 PM, Amelia Diamond wrote:

“I know what kinds of clothes make me feel good/cool/like myself, so do I even bother trying to wear anything else?” — I so know what you mean, I feel the exact same way. Why do we torture ourselves with stuff that won’t make us feel good/cool/like ourselves? I’m cleaning out my closet for the thousandth time this weekend (wanna come over?) and I just know I’m going to hang on to stuff that I love or think is cool but never wear because it doesn’t make me look good.

I like the gold sandals better than the silver you sent earlier. Where are the beige ones bcuz I want them.

I LOVE THAT TOP. AND THAT SKIRT. Holy Dolce. It’s kind of ’60s, too. Wanna time-share it?

Might get these for my feet.

I feel like you’d like these.

And your trip to Yoox inspired me. Should I get this Dries skirt for $300?

Or these board shorts for $133? They are seriously so cool. I could figure out how to wear them after.

Last thing, speaking of ’90s denim (kind of? no clue), these jeans are on sale for $40 and are so skater-good.

Thoughts:
I like your PVC shoes 100 times better than the Lemaire ones.
Those sunglasses are awesome, will look good on you/will make me look like an alien.
Those Prada sandals are what dreams are made of.

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 5:45 PM, Leandra Medine wrote:

LOL to that Dries skirt because it’s going to be floor-length on you, but 100% to shorts. If you don’t, I will.

Also, no offense, but I hate your taste in shoes. I wish you would just wear these with kneecap leggings and pretend you get me.

I actually think you would love owning these.

As a total non sequitur: Get this necklace.

As another one, get this dress.

Do you ever feel like fashion isn’t as fun as it used to be?

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 11:21 PM, Amelia Diamond wrote:

I hate your taste in tastebuds so how about that! Yes to the Trademark shoes but that kneecap-legging shit is never happening on me. Even though we did it to Katie Sturino.

You’re also so right about those yellow Prada sandals. And that necklace!

Fashion’s still fun, but I think as we get older (maybe) we stop using fashion to explore so much and start settling into it. Like we scroll and see cool things that are fun to shoot or pick out for someone else, but not to actually buy for ourselves???

I really need this Jacquemus shirt. I’m willing to throw out everything in my cart for it.

Here’s a skirt for Harling.

Also, I want this.

NONE OF THIS IS COHESIVE.

… I’m getting this coverup and this suit to wear BAREFOOT, then calling it a day.

OLÉ

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 7:51 AM, Leandra Medine wrote:

If you’re willing to throw everything in your cart out for that Jacquemus top, do that! Surprised you didn’t pick this, tho.

Although I do see a lovely future wherein you wear the Marysia bathing suit with the robe, no shoes, and call it an olé.

It feels like winter again, so I’m thinking gold bomber.

BedaZZled mary janes

Sheer socks

And a prettttay involved mini skirt.

I’m not taking no for an answer. Bye!

Photos by Edith Young.

Get more Fashion ?
  • Kristina Klaffenboeck

Thank god I scooped up that navy Rouje dress THE DAY it launched. Spring weddings here I come!

• Emily Katherine

Man Repeller! I’ve been your reader since… forever! I love the “Should I Buy This?” series, always. Question: What are you doing for Fashion Revolution Week???

• Lanatria Brackett Ellis

So many cute things I can’t afford.I am adding those gingham pumps to my drool list.I’m surpised no kimonos were on the list.I just snagged one from an online company for $27 and yea, everyone needs one.

• Kay Nguyen
  • chouette

Wait how is that lace-up top from Style Mafia? I am opposed to them on principle but it’s very cute. I think those Cult Gaia bags are going to be a classic, they’re so cool in the acrylic. I have an original vintage bamboo one and part of me wants to cash in and sell it now and part of me is like, why would you do that, you idiot!?

• Harling Ross

@ @ @ leandra you need to do a whole style story about tacky!!!!!

• Pandora Sykes

I’m lit writing this piece right now!

• Harling Ross

cannot wait 2 read

• Katy

I have wanted that No. 21 dress FOREVER. To wear over a white tee obviously.

• OMG AMELIA GET THE $133 BOARD SHORTS THIS IS A POLITE SUGGESTION BUT I AM EXCITED FOR YOU!!