10 Things to Know About Olivia Palermo
I can’t stop clicking through these outfits, either
Pandora Sykes interviewed Olivia Palermo for The Edit, Net-a-Porter’s magazine, and to say it was a dream is an understatement. You see, I am — rather quietly — a huge Olivia Palermo fan. You get used to rubbing elbows with all sorts of people in this industry, especially during fashion week, to the point that few have the capability to faze you. When I am in a situation that involves Olivia Palermo, however (like a “hello”), I have to actively remind myself to not stare at her face for too long. She is just one of those people to me; I can’t help it. I love her.
And because of that, I was thankful (if not hungry) for the below list of important Olivia Palermo facts.
1. Growing up, she had a learning disability (not specified in the article) that led her to create her own support system.
2. She is the face of three brands: Aerin, Max&Co. and Banana Republic. She is the digital face of Piaget and is also a stylist, brand consultant, philanthropist and the founder oliviapalermo.com.
3. She exercises six days a week for 75 minutes with the Tracy Anderson Method, no matter what. “If I have to leave at 6am, I’ll workout before,” she told Pandora Sykes.
4. Fans follow her into the bathroom.
5. Olivia wore a navy, balloon-sleeve Burberry knit; black leather Paige pants; Roger Vivier satin buckled sneakers and lots of vintage gold jewelry to be interviewed. (Now Sykes and I both want to wear a navy, balloon-sleeve Burberry knit; black leather Paige pants; Roger Vivier satin buckled sneakers and lots of vintage gold jewelry.)
6. On her wedding day, she wore a three-piece outfit by Carolina Herrera: cream, ostrich-feathered cashmere sweater; white shorts and a front-split tulle skirt – “in lieu of a princess dress,” wrote Sykes. “I wanted something low-key” was Palermo’s explanation.
7. Her fans were surprised by this.
8. She doesn’t wear a wedding ring, just her yellow-diamond engagement ring.
9. She has a Maltese terrier named Mr Butler.
10. She lives in Dumbo, Brooklyn.
All of this is well and good. But none of this tells me what she smells like???